Provision of Nomis Service
The University of Durham provide the Nomis service on behalf of the Office for National Statistics. In return for providing the service for the supply of data (including calculations) upon joining you agree to the following:
- We acknowledge that the University has extracted such data from third party sources outside its control and cannot check the accuracy of the data. We understand we use the data at our own risk.
- We accept that the University and its officers, employees and agents are not liable in any way (in contract, tort or otherwise) for any loss or damage arising from the use of such data or the University's computing facilities.
- Upon joining Nomis you agree to the use of your email address by Nomis to notify you of changes to provision of service and any service related updates as frequently as they may occur.
- Nomis makes no representations about the nature or quality of sites linked to/from Nomis, and accepts no liability thereafter. We can not guarantee that any link will work and have no liability whatsoever over the availability of linked pages.
- Nomis reserves the right to terminate your account without prior notice, should misuse or abuse of the service be discovered.
- You may terminate your account with Nomis at any time from the 'cancel account' option under the 'my account' section of the Nomisweb site.
Nothing in these terms restricts the University's liability for death or personal injury arising out of its negligence.
National Statistics Data
All statistics available from Nomis are produced from National Statistics sources. National Statistics and Nomis have taken precautions to ensure that statistics available through this Web site are to the best of our knowledge accurate. However:
- National Statistics accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the information nor its use or the reliance placed on it once posted onto the Web.
- This site has security measures in place to protect the loss misuse and alteration of material under our control. However, National Statistics accepts no responsibility for alteration, manipulation or interpretation of its data once placed on the Web.
- National Statistics expressly excludes any warranties in relation to merchantability, fitness for purpose except for personal injury or death.
- National Statistics information on the Web is subject to change without notice.