Nomis RESTFul API v01 (About)
Updates: July - November 2011
- Geographic areas can be queried using official GSS codes
- MAKE feature no longer experimental, added support for code range selection using ellipsis (i.e. "...") in MAKE.
- Codelist search optimised; supports exact match or wildcarding using "*" at start or end of pattern.
- Added Google Visualization DataTable format; support for directly creating output in a format used to create data for Google Charts API.
- Removed "Build" feature; the Nomis Advanced Query interface can now be used to produce API links (from the format / layout page). This enables you to work with existing saved queries and saved definitions (e.g. user-defined areas) and obtain API URLs and code-snippets to embed on their web site directly from that query.
- Bug fix: some geography names contained the geography code has been fixed, these are now name only and the code is available in either annotations for SDMX, or in the GEOGRAPHY_CODE column for CSV style output.
- First public release of the Nomis RESTful API
- Support for discovery in SDMX format (Structure documents) presented as XML or JSON
- Query Building option to help formulate URIs
- Query Summary option to show what a URI specifies
- Codes based on Nomis internal codes
- For this version of the API, codes are based on Nomis internal codes so, for example geographic areas are not referenced by standard mnemonics. In future releases we intend to incorporate support for standard codes
- Searching complete geography codelists for some datasets can be slow due to processing a large list of codes. In future releases the search speed will be optimised.