New National Population Projection Dataset Released on Nomis
A new dataset was released on Nomis on Thursday 26 October 2017 giving 2016-based National (Country) population projections, by single year of age and sex.
National population projections provide an indication of the future size and age structure of the UK and its constituent countries based on a set of assumptions of future fertility, mortality and migration.
Further details about the release, including quality and methodology information, is available in the National Population Projections: 2016-based statistical bulletin.
The new dataset can be accessed under the Population Estimates/Projections source in Nomis queries:
The projections can be analysed by:
- UK and constituent countries
- projected population from 2016 to 2116
- single year of age (0 to 104)
- five year bands up to 104, 105 and over
- labour market groups (0-15, 16+, 16-64, 16-24, 16-17, 18-24, 18-21, 25-49, 50-64, 65+)
- total persons
For further information on population projections please email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1329 44 4652.