2011 Census Key Statistics and Quick Statistics
16 May 2012: Detailed Characteristics tables released. For details see 2011 Census Data on Nomis homepage.
Data from the 2011 Census are now available on Nomis. Data from the Key Statistics and Quick Statistics series are available under Census of Population in advanced and wizard query.
Census estimates are provided for the following geographies:
- 2011 output areas
- 2011 super output areas
- 2011 wards
- local authorities
- parliamentary constituencies
- countries / regions
- english parishes / welsh communities
From 9:30 on 19/2/2013 the following geographies will also be available:
- local health boards (wales)
- primary care trusts / strategic health authorities (england)
- national assembly for wales constituencies / electoral regions (wales)
- postcode sectors / districts / areas
The index pages list the datasets available:
For further information about the Census datasets and variables refer to:
- 2011 Census User Guide (new page on ONS website): includes information on quality and methods, classifications and variable definitions, comparability with 2001 Census, and a glossary.
- 2011 Census Prospectus (new page on ONS website): sets out the release plans for the 2011 Census statistics.
Bulk Download Products
2011 Census Bulk Download products are provided here in a bespoke CSV format designed to be automatically loaded into systems that allow users to interrogate and manipulate the data. They are not designed for use in desktop spreadsheet tools, and users seeking downloads that are designed for viewing in those tools are advised to use the wizard and advanced query tools .