The Annual Population Survey is the largest ongoing household survey in the UK, based on interviews with the members of randomly selected households. The survey covers a diverse range of topics, including personal characteristics, labour market status, work characteristics, education and health.
|Release date||Status||Reference period|
|[ Show / Hide historical release dates... ]|
|09/12/2011 09:30||Released||Jan 2010 - Dec 2010|
|06/09/2012 09:30||Released||Jan 2011 - Dec 2011|
|11/09/2013 09:30||Released||Jan 2012 - Dec 2012|
|06/11/2014 09:30||Released||Jan 2013 - Dec 2013|
|06/10/2015 09:30||Released||Jan 2014 - Dec 2014|
|27/09/2016 09:30||Released||Jan 2015 - Dec 2015|
|26/07/2017 09:30||Released||Jan 2016 - Dec 2016|
|01/08/2018 09:30||Released||Jan 2017 - Dec 2017|
|31/07/2019 09:30||Released||Jan 2018 - Dec 2018|
|29/07/2020 09:30||Released||Jan 2019 - Dec 2019|
|19/10/2021 09:30||Released||Jan 2020 - Jan 2020|
|Further releases to be announced|
Datasets updated with this calendar
- annual population survey - households by combined economic activity statusA household based labour market survey providing data for 'working', 'mixed' and 'workless' households.
- annual population survey - households with dependent children and typeNo description is available for this dataset.
These datasets are also in the Annual Population Survey/Labour Force Survey group, but have their own release calendar.
- annual population surveyA residence based labour market survey encompassing population, economic activity (employment and unemployment), economic inactivity and qualifications. These are broken down where possible by gender, age, ethnicity, industry and occupation. Available at Local Authority level and above. Updated quarterly.
- model-based estimates of unemploymentNo description is available for this dataset.
- annual population survey - workplace analysisA workplace based labour market survey. It includes topics such as economic activity, country of birth, occupation, qualification, hours worked etc.
- annual population survey - regional - economic inactivity by reasonsNo description is available for this dataset.
- annual population survey - regional - employment by occupation (SOC2010)This dataset provides regional Annual Population Survey data for Employmet by Occupation. The occupation hierarchy giving including all four levels of the Standard Occupational Classification 2010.
- annual population survey - regional - ethnicity by industryThis dataset provides regional Annual Population Survey data for Ethnicity by industry. There are 9 ethnicity classifications by 18 industry sections.
- annual population survey - regional - labour market status by ageThis dataset provides regionals Annual Population Survey data for Labour market status by age. The age structure includes a 0-15 category, with quinnary age bands to beyond State Pension Age, including higher level bands. As well as the normal labour market statuses, employment is further broken down to full-time/part-time and employee/self-employed/other.
- annual population survey - regional - nationalityNo description is available for this dataset.
- annual population survey - regional - occupation (SOC2010) by sex by employment typeNo description is available for this dataset.
- labour force survey - national and regional - headline indicators (seasonally adjusted)National and regional headline indicators of employment, unemployment and economic activity